Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stars Fire Crawford

I find this almost as unexpected as the fact they hired him in the first place.  The team operated on a shoestring budget, had injuries to the wrong guys at the wrong time and still came within one game of making the playoffs.  Of course if they'd made said playoffs, Vancouver would have run them out of town in four straight.  Is it possible to lose a 7 game series in a 3 game sweep?  The season series felt that lopsided.

There are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the Stars going forward (Jamie Benn, Alex Goligoski and Loui Eriksson for starters) but it all amounts to a big bunch of nothing until they get the ownership situation settled.  It's true I can't spell Nieuwendyk (I have to cut and paste it) but I think he'll build a winning organization if he simply gets the opportunity to spend competitively salary cap wise.

In the I can't believe I'm saying this department...Go Redwings, I'd like to see Modano win another cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment